State of Iowa Employee Giveaway Official Rules
February 2021-August 1, 2021
Open to Iowa residents only. Must be over 18 years of age. See official rules for details.
Prizes over the course of the grant:
- The first 15 people to complete five modules receive a $25 gift card from an Iowa-owned business selected at the sponsor’s discretion. (the “Prize”).
- One winner from [pool of eligible persons] the first 20 people to complete 15 Save4Later courses will receive a $100 gift card from an Iowa-owned business selected at the sponsor’s discretion, (the “Prize”).
- In celebration of April as financial literacy month, One winner from all eligible participants who have completed 50 Save4Later courses by 11:59pm on April 30, 2021 will receive a $100 gift card from an Iowa-owned business selected at the sponsor’s discretion. (the “Prize”).
- One winner from all eligible participants who have completed 100 Save4Later courses by 11:59pm CST on August 1, 2021 will receive a $100 gift card from an Iowa-owned business selected at the sponsor’s discretion. (the “Prize”)
- The department from the drop down list with the most completed courses by 11:59pm CST on August 1, 2021 will win a food truck or pizza party, depending on location.
All potential winners are subject to eligibility verification by the Sponsor, whose decisions are final and binding in all matters related to the Giveaway. An entrant is not a winner of the Prize unless and until the entrant’s eligibility has been verified and the entrant has been notified that verification is complete. The Prize is non-transferable. The Sponsor is responsible only for delivery of the Prize and is not responsible for Prize utility or otherwise. The Prize will be considered income, and any and all taxes associated with the Prize are the responsibility of the Winner.
Official Giveaway Rules
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. ALL ENTRIES MUST BE RECEIVED BY their defined completion date VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
- Eligibility: Participation is open only to individual legal residents of the State of Iowa who are at least 18 years of age as of the date of entry, have a social security number or a U.S. taxpayer identification number and have an address that is not a P.O. Box (the “Entrant”). There is a limit of one entry per person. Void outside of the State of Iowa, and where prohibited or restricted by local law. Employees, officers and directors and their immediate families (parents, children, siblings, and spouse) and members of their household (whether or not related) of the Iowa Insurance Division (the “Sponsor”), and Iowa Department of Administrative Services are not eligible to participate in the Giveaway.
- How to Enter: To be entered into the Giveaway, you must sign up on the State of Iowa employee and family Save4Later website at Save4LaterIowa.com. Be one of the first fifteen people to complete five modules, or one of the first 20 to complete 15 modules (drawing-based). ALL ENTRIES MUST BE RECEIVED BY August 1, 2021 AT 11:59 pm, CENTRAL TIME (the “Deadline”). The Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, or corrupted entries, whether due to technical or computer malfunctions or otherwise.
- Random Giveaway/Odds: In the case of the drawing, one (1) winner from the first 20 people to complete 15 Save4Later courses (the “Winners”) will be selected no later than August 1, 2021 in a random drawing (the “Giveaway”) from among all eligible entries received by the Sponsor by the Deadline. A Winner can only win one prize. Odds of winning depend upon the number of eligible entries received.
- Prize: Subject to these rules, each winner will receive money in the form of a gift card (the “Prize”). The Winners are subject to eligibility verification by the Sponsor, whose decisions are final and binding in all matters related to the Giveaway. A Winner is not a winner of the Prize unless and until the Winner’s and Beneficiary’s eligibility have been verified and the Entrant has been notified that verification is complete. The Prize is non-transferable. The Sponsor is responsible only for delivery of the Prize and is not responsible for Prize utility or otherwise. The Winners should consult their own tax advisor about tax implications, if any, associated with the Prize. The Prize will be considered income, and any and all taxes associated with the Prize are the responsibility of the Winners.
- Notification: After the drawing, the Sponsor will verify the eligibility of the Winners. If eligibility is verified, the Winners will be notified by email within two (2) weeks following the date of the Giveaway and will subsequently receive a confirmation letter from the Sponsor. The Prize may be awarded to an alternate Winner (selected in a random drawing from among all remaining eligible Entrants) if (i) the Winner is not eligible; (ii) three (3) good faith attempts to contact the Winner via email over the course of 14 days have been unsuccessful; or (iii) the Prize email is returned as undeliverable. Only one Prize will be awarded per each giveaway. In the event that production, technical, seeding, programming or any other reasons cause more than the stated number of Prizes as set forth in these rules to be available and/or claimed, the Sponsor reserves the right to award only the stated number of Prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate, un-awarded, eligible Prize claims.
- Miscellaneous and Conditions of Participation: This Giveaway is void where prohibited or restricted by law, and is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Taxes and fees, if any, are the sole responsibility of the Winners. By entering the Giveaway, Entrants fully and unconditionally agree to be bound by these rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which will be final and binding on all matters relating to this Giveaway, and each Entrant warrants that (s)he is eligible to participate in this Giveaway. The Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any Entrant if these Giveaway rules are not followed, and to change, alter, or amend these Giveaway rules or to alter, modify, suspend, or terminate the Giveaway, as necessary, in its sole discretion, to ensure the fair administration of the Giveaway or to comply with applicable law.
- Release: Each Entrant agrees, except where prohibited by law, to release and discharge, hold harmless and indemnify the Sponsor, its trustee, employees, agents and representatives, officers and directors and their immediate families, successors and assigns, and all others associated with the development and execution of this Giveaway, from any and all tax liability that may be imposed on or associated with receipt or use of the Prize, and from and against any and all claims, actions, proceedings, and liability for any damages, expenses, fees, injury or losses sustained in connection with the receipt, ownership, use or misuse of the Prize or while traveling to, preparing for, or participating in any Giveaway-related activity.
- Publicity: Except where prohibited by law, by entering the Giveaway and by winning, the Winners grant to the Sponsor the right to publicize the Winner’s name, photograph, image, likeness, voice, statements, and biographical information in all manner and media, worldwide, in perpetuity, for advertising, trade, and promotion purposes without compensation and without opportunity for review.
- Limitations of Liability: The Sponsor, its trustee, employees, agents and representatives, officers and directors and their immediate families, successors and assigns, and all others associated with the development and execution of this Giveaway shall have no responsibility or liability for (i) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by Entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Giveaway; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to, malfunctions, interruptions or disconnections in telephone lines or network hardware or software; (iii) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Giveaway; (iv) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Giveaway; or (v) failed, incomplete, garbled, jumbled, corrupted or delayed computer transmissions which may limit an individual’s ability to enter the Giveaway, including any injury or damage to an Entrant’s or any other person’s computer relating to or resulting from entering the Giveaway or downloading any materials related to the Giveaway.
- Entrant’s and Winner’s Personal Information: Information collected from Entrants will be maintained by the Sponsor and its representatives in accordance with applicable federal and state consumer privacy laws, rules and regulations.
- Copy of Rules/Name of Winner: For a copy of these rules and/or the Winners’ names, send your request and a self-addressed, stamped envelope to the address listed below.
- Sponsor: Iowa Insurance Division, 1963 Bell Ave, Des Moines, IA 50315